In the current job market, it’s understandable that candidates may be feeling despondent when they don’t hear back from potential employers. Being ghosted can be frustrating and disheartening. However, it’s important to remember that this is not a reflection of your abilities or worth as a candidate. Here are some tips to give you a lift:
- Focus on your accomplishments: Take some time to reflect on your past achievements and experiences. This will remind you of your value and help you stay motivated.
- Network: Reach out to friends, family, and former colleagues to let them know you’re looking for work. You never know who may have a lead or be able to provide a reference.
- Stay positive: It’s easy to get discouraged, but try to maintain a positive outlook. This will help you stay motivated and focused on your job search.
- Keep learning: Use your downtime to learn new skills or take courses that will make you more marketable as a candidate.
- Take care of yourself: Job hunting can be stressful, so make sure to take care of yourself physically and mentally. Exercise, eat well, and take breaks when you need them. Remember, finding a job is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep at it, and good luck!
If you would like to register or talk to us about your job search then do give us a call on 020 7589 8807.